Wednesday, March 6, 2013
4:16 AM Pankaj Rattan 8 comments
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIR MARCH-2013
These current affairs are drive from the following magazine on the monthly bases:
b).Master In Current Affairs
c). Service Cronicle
· Defence Ministry approved Army proposal for 22 Cheetal helicopters: The Defence Ministry approved a proposal to procure around 22 Cheetal helicopters for Army, which is likely to deploy these choppers for supporting its high altitude operations in Ladakh and Siachen.
· Railways topped in corruption complaints: Over 8,800 complaints of alleged graft against railway employees were received by the Central Vigilance Commission last year. A total of 8,80s complaints of alleged corruption were received against Railway employees, followed by 8,430 against banks employees and 5,026 against Income tax officials, 4,783 against government of national capital territory of Delhi and 3,921 against urban development employees during 2011, the CVC said in its annual report.
· Nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile test successful: India successfully test fired its indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile with a strike range of 350 km from a test range at Chandipur near Balasore, Odisha. The surface-to-surface missile was test fired from mobile launcher in salvo mode from launch complex-3 of integrated test range. Prithvi, the first missile developed under India’s prestigious Integrated Guided Missile development Programme (IGMDP), is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1000 kg of warheads and trusted by liquid propulsion twine engines, uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory.
· Vice President Presented K.Karunakaran Foundation’s Best Administrator in India Award to P.Chidambaram: The Vice President of India, M.Hamid Ansari presented the ‘Best Administrator in India Award’ instituted by K.Karunakaran Foundation to P.Chidambaram, the Union Finance Minister at a function.
· India, ASEAN finalise FTA in services, investments: Targeting an ambitious two-way commerce of USD 200 billion by 2022,India and the 10-member ASEAN finalised a free trade agreement in services and investments, a move which would give Indian professionals like accountants, engineers and doctors access to the 800 million Southeast Asian Market.
· 92 Year Old Archaeologist and French Scholar Conferred Classical Tamil Awards by President: The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Presidential Awards for Classical Tamil at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan.92 year old Prof. C. Govindarajanar was conferred Tolkappiyar Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Tamil studies.
· India, Russia ink deal on air-launched BrahMos missile: India and Russia have signed a deal for working together to develop the air-launched version of the 290 km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, which would be fitted to the Su-30 MKI combat aircraft of the Indian Air Force(IAF).
· India conducted third developmental trial of Astra: India successfully conducted the third developmental trial of its indigenously developed beyond visual range air-to-air missile Astra from the integrated test range at Chandipur.
· India, Russia ink 10 pacts; defence deals of around USD 4 billion: India and Russia inked as many as 10 pacts, including defence deals worth around USD four billion, as their leaders undertook an extensive review of bilateral cooperation , especially in the field of nuclear energy.
· National Development council approved 8 % growth target during 12th plan; 50 million new jobs to be created: The country’s apex policy making body the National Development Council, NDC, approved the strategy to achieve an average growth rate of 8% during the 12th five year plan (2012-17), generate 50 million new jobs and increase investments in the infrastructure sector.
· 11% of Total Households in the Country are headed by Females: About 27 million households constituting 11% of the total households of the country are headed by females. Kerala tops the list of states with 23% households have a female as head. This finding has been revealed in the Household data released in the capital by Minister of State for Home Affairs R.P.N. Singh. The C.D. containing the data in the Households was released by the Minister.
The Data was released as part of the findings/results of the first phase of Census 2011 on “House Listing and Housing Census”:
Ø There are about 27 million female headed households (HHs) in the country. They constitute 10.9% of the total households in the country.
Ø 43.7% of households in Lakshadweep and 23% households in Kerala have a female as head.
Ø The proportion of Male Headed HHs has declined by 0.6% in 2011 compared to 2001 while proportion of Female Headed HHs has increased by 0.5% in the same period.
Ø Around 18% of Female Headed HHs have a travel more 500m in urban areas and 1 km in rural areas to access drinking water.
· 18th National Level Meeting between Myanmar and India: The 18th National Level Meeting between Myanmar and India was held on 28th-29th December, 2012 in New Delhi. The Indian delegation was led by A.K.Mangotra, Secretary, Border Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
· Sangma launched National People’s Party: P.A.Sangma, who broke away with the NCP last year to contest the Presidential elections, launched National People’s Party (NPP) and joined hands with MJP-led NDA.
· President conferred the Honorary Rank of General of the Indian Army on General Gaurav Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana: The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Honorary Rank of the Indian Army on Suprabal Jana Sewa Shree General Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana, Chief of the Army Staff, Nepalese Army, for his commendable military prowess and immeasurable contribution to further fostering the long and friendly association with India.
· Declaring National Institute of Design (NID) by Parliament by law as an institution of National Importance: The Union Cabinet approved the declaration of the National Institute of Design (NID) by Parliament by law as an ‘Institution of National Importance’. The status of ‘Institution of National Importance’ would authorise NID, Ahmedabad to award degree to its students. This, in turn, may prove to be beneficial for students who wish to pursue post-graduation.
· President presented Census Medals: The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented the Census Medals of extraordinary performance at the Census 2011 at a function at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.(January 11,2013).
· President released a commemorative stamp on Aditya Vikram Birla: The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee released a Commemorative stamp on Aditya Vikram Birla at a function at Rashtrapati Bhawan. The theme of the stamp released is ‘1st Indian global Industrialist’. The stamp is designed with the picture of Shri Birla against the backdrop of the plant of one of his companies which rose to become the world’s largest Aluminium plant. 11th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas in Kochi: The 11th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD) convention, a three-day event, took place from Jan 7 to Jan 9 in Kochi. The theme of the convention was ‘Engaging diaspora: The Indian growth story’. The President of Mauritius, Rajkeshwur Purryag, was the Chief Guest of the convention. The Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi said that the centenary of the Gadar Movement is being celebrated in 2013.
· LPG portability launched: The UPA government on Jan 10 launched portability of LPG connections in Chandigarh. Online Booking, tracking and delivery of gas, and booking of new connections through mobile and web portal have been introduced across the country. Launching hag connection portability, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Veerappa Moily said the service would be extended to 25 more districts in the next fiscal. Moily also launched new IT/web-enabled initiative, ‘Lakshya’, to enable consumer’s book and track refills online as well on mobile phone.
· President launched new airport terminal: President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated a brand new integrated terminal in the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport in Kolkata, which has a capacity to handle 20 million passengers annually as compared to the present 7.46 million.
· RAHUL ELECTED CONGRESS VICE PRESIDENT: The Congress party appointed Rahul Gandhi as its vice-President on January 19, bringing the fifth-generation member of India’s most famous family firmly into the political line of fire. The move, announced at the party’s conclave at Jaipur makes Rahul the presumptive prime ministerial candidate and sets up a possible showdown in 2014.
· NANAVATI PANEL EXTENDED: The Nanavati Commission probing the 2002 riots has been granted an extension of six months, till June 30, 2013.It is the 19th extension to the Commission.